This episode features my conversation with Westwood One Final Four studio host Jason Horowitz. Topics of discussion include:
- Dealing with Twitter trolls.
- How being on the ESPN reality show “Dream Job” opened career doors.
- Getting his first job in New York City and being immediately under the microscope.
- Learning to reel in his ego early in his career.
- Pivoting his career path after not having a contract renewed.
- Developing the skills to be a strong studio host.
- Developing the detailed plan for a several hour long pregame show on Westwood One’s Final Four broadcast.
- How a song from his “Happy Song List” helped him absorb the moment the day of his first Final Four broadcast.
- Bringing a box of cereal to a 3:30pm production meeting and what his favorite breakfast cereal is.
- His experience covering the Olympics and why he turned down a chance to be part of the Rio games.
- Doing figure skating play-by-play at the Olympics.
- Getting confused with another famous Jason Horowitz who covers the Vatican for the New York Times.
- Creating chemistry with analysts and co-hosts.
- Being a college roommate with Jason Benetti at Syracuse.
- Turning down gigs to remain to spend time with his family.
- His broadcast horror story.
- His favorite broadcasters.
And much more!
Never miss a new SayTheDamnScore.com post by signing up for email updates
Get expert feedback on your play-by-play from the SayTheDamnScore Critique Crew!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS