My conversation with the TV voice of the Memphis Grizzlies, Pete Pranica. Topics of discussion include:
- The one pen he has to have for all of his game prep.
- How listening to the radio in rural Wisconsin led to his love of sportscasting.
- Going to the same high school as Kevin Harlan.
- Choosing to go to Notre Dame despite not having a broadcast program.
- Calling bingo games and school lunch menu controversies at his first job in Northern Wisconsin.
- Finding a way to get in touch with Detroit Pistons announcer George Blaha who became a mentor.
- Transitioning from radio to TV.
- Staying credible while keeping his employer happy while calling games for the mid 90’s Portland Trailblazers.
- The advice from his agent that was crucial to landing the job with the Grizzlies.
- Quitting a job so who could broadcast the Athens Olympics.
- Following a beloved broadcaster Don Poier after he tragically passed away.
- How he came up with his tag lines and in what situations they work.
- Common mispronunciations of his name
Never miss a new SayTheDamnScore.com post by signing up for email updates
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS