In this episode I chat with Dave Jackson, host of the School of Podcasting, highly respected podcast expert, and podcasting hall of famer. It’s no surprise that we dive into all things podcasting, especially as it pertains to sportscasters. Topics of discussion include:
- The perks of being a podcast hall of famer.
- How he got into podcasting in 2005, the very early stages of the medium.
- Starting his first podcast and immediately recognizing the importance of a good name.
- What broadcasters frequently do wrong when starting a podcast.
- Why podcasting is more like cable TV then radio.
- Why should your audience tune into your show?
- Finding the niche that can cut through the clutter.
- Realistic expectations for the size of your audience after just starting a podcast.
- Finding someone to tell the truth about your podcast.
- The promotional trick he learned from Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish.
- Leveraging your existing audience for your podcast.
- Good starter equipment and hosting.
- Why to avoid free podcasting solutions.
- When you should pay attention to your analytics.
- The keys to making your personality come through in your show.
- If and how you should profit from your podcast.
- Picking a title for your show.
- His podcast horror stories.
To find out more about Dave’s podcast services visit The School of Podcasting.
For advice on how to monetize your podcast, check out Dave’s book “Profit From Your Podcast.”
Never miss an episode of the Say The Damn Score Podcast! Subscribe for online updates today!