New podcast conversation with Ghizal Hasan, the voice of Cal State University Northridge Basketball and Cal Riverside Baseball. Topics of discussion include:
- Being named #9 on the list of the Top 10 Broadcasters in Los Angeles.
- How he feels about being named one of the top broadcasters in the market but not catching a break for one of the glamour jobs yet.
- The gift he received as an 8 year old that led to his love of sportscasting.
- Explaining the business to his highly educated immigrant family.
- Making the decision to move from New Jersey to Los Angeles.
- Transitioning from being a writer to a broadcaster.
- Going to film school at UCLA.
- Using writing and film school skills in a play-by-play roll.
- How the Hollywood writers strike indirectly led to his first play-by-play job.
- Getting a job because the first choice refused to take a drug test.
- Why “who knows you” is more important than “who you know.”
- Why building long term relationships is more valuable than transactional networking.
- The advice from George Lucas that is applicable to a broadcaster.
- Disadvantages and advantages of being a minority in sportscasting.
- The advantages of being in a large diverse market.
- Why Vermillion is his favorite city in South Dakota.
- Getting booed walking to the bus in Hawaii.
- His favorite broadcasters.
And much more!