This episode features my conversation with the longtime voice of the St. Paul Saints and host of the Voice Behind the Voice Podcast, Sean Aronson:
- What minor league baseball tasks are done during the winter?
- How he learned to do the sales side of the job?
- How calling a high school baseball game from a shed helped him get the wheels in motion towards a baseball internship.
- How working harder than others at a non broadcasting internship led him to his first real innings as a broadcaster.
- Why he moved from an affiliated league job in Florida to an independent league job in Minnesota.
The importance of the lineage of a job when making a decision.
- Why he’s stayed with the St. Paul Saints for over a decade.
- Turning down a $75k job to stay in sportscasting.
- Favorite unique promotions including the world’s largest game of twister.
- How his internship experience shapes the way he looks at the responsibilities of own interns.
- Why he once slept on the training table at the ball park.
- What he keeps in the booth to eat healthy with a hectic schedule.
- The importance of getting away during the offseason to have great life experiences.
- Why Bill Murray accused him of not doing his homework.
- What it meant to him when he won the 2016 Ballpark Digest Broadcaster of the Year.
- Why he named the St. Paul Saints press box after himself.
- The time he stayed in the hotel where numerous members of the team got bedbugs.
- Why he doesn’t consider himself a Minnesotan.
- The most rewarding part about hosting his own podcast.
- Who his favorite guest among all the big names has been.
- His prep process.
- What he still does to get better.
And much more!